Jammu and Kashmir (J & K) Biometric Attendance System – Compulsory for all employees
Government of Jammu and Kashmir, Civil Secretariat Finance Department issued Government Order No: 288-F of 2018 dated 22.06.2018 regarding Biometric Attendance System – Compulsory for all employees and details as follows.
In order to ensure punctuality in the Government Offices/Establishments, it has been decided to immediately implementBiometric Attendance System with immediate effect. Accordingly,the following directions are issued for strict compliance by allconcerned:
- For all Government employees/ persons drawinqsalarv, waqes,honorarium etc.
- a) No salary or wages would be drawn in favour of theGovernment employees of any category for the month ofJune 2018 onwards unless they have enrolled themselvesin Biometric System (Aadhar not mandatory).
- b) The above applies also to all the PSU employees,Contractual/ consolidatedl casual workers or any othertype of persons drawing wages in any form from thepublic exchequer.
- C) It will be the duty of the concerned DDOs to ensureenrolment before 30’h June, 2018 and furnish a certificatefor the same along the Salary /Wage Bill presented in theTreasury, without which the Treasury Officers are directednot to entertain any’Salary/ Wage bill.
- d) From 2znd June, 2018 onwards, the marking of attendancein the system would be compulsory for all categories ofemployees and wage earners. Only after the scrutiny ofmonthly attendance, the DDOs would prepareSalary/Wage bill and certificate would accordingly befurnished alonwith the bill to the Treasuries concerned.
- e) The Administrative Secretaries1 HoDslDDOs of variousDepartments/Corporations shall ensure installations of desktop based (low cost) Biomatric Attendance System1Machines in their respective offices at an earliest bypurchasing the same at DGS&D rates or through GeMPortal out of OEI’Machinery and Equipment’ Head.
- f) Information Technology Department and NIC Centres ineach district are directed to provide necessary guidanceand support for its implementation.
- All officers1 employees are also directed not to leave their placeof posting either on tour or for personal reasons without writtenpermission from their respective Heads of offices. Any violationthereof will automatically attract disciplinary proceedings.
- All Administrative Secretaries and HODS within theirDepartments and Deputy Commissioners in their respectivejurisdictions shall be responsible for full compliance of the aboveinstructions.
To download detail notification click belowJammu-and-Kashmir-J-K-Biometric-Attendance-System-Compulsory-for-all-employees.pdf (45 downloads)
Source: Government of Jammu and Kashmir