Health Ministry issues pollution advisory for citizens
The Union Health Ministry has issued a health advisory in view of the severe air pollution in the city. People have been advised the following:
- Remain indoors if you have breathing difficulty and try to keep children indoors as much as possible.
- Avoid morning walk or any other strenuous outdoor activity that increases breathing rate
- Drink plenty of water and fluids
- Avoid smoking.
- Minimize the use of deodorants and room sprays as much as possible.
- Avoid the areas with smoke or heavy dust.
- If you have any heart ailments or chronic respiratory disease or asthma, continue your medication as advised by physician
- In case of any difficulty in breathing, increase in breathing rate, palpitations or severe bout of coughing and/or sneezing consult for medical assistance.