Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Central Government Civil Pensioners residing in areas not covered under Central Government Health Scheme
Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Office Memorandum vide F.No. 4/34/2017-P&PW(D) dated: 31 -01-2018 regarding Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Central Government CivilPensioners residing in areas not covered under CentralGovernment Health Scheme
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No.38/99/99-P&PW(C) dated 17-4-2000 on the subject mentioned above and tosay that in accordance with the instructions contained therein, CentralGovernment Civil Pensioners, residing in an area not served by any CGHSdispensary or any corresponding Health Schemes administered by otherMinistries/Departments, as the case may be, even though their places ofresidence may fall within the limits of a CGHS covered cities, are requiredto submit the following documents for claiming Fixed Medical Allowance:
- a) An undertaking in the prescribed format.
- b) A certificate from the Medical Authorities of CGHS or from authorities ofcorresponding Health Schemes of the concerned Ministries/Departments,as the case may be, that the area where the pensioner is residing is notserved by any dispensary under CGHS or the corresponding HealthScheme administered by the Ministry/Department.
- Keeping in view the difficulties being faced by the pensioners inobtaining the required certificate from the concerned Medical Authorities,the matter has been reconsidered in consultation with the Ministry of Healthand Family Welfare. It has now been decided that the pensioners, residingin areas not covered by CGHS or any corresponding Health Schemesadministered by other Ministries/Departments, as the case may be, would nolonger be required to submit a certificate referred to in para 1 (b) above.
However, such pensioners would continue to submit an undertaking in thefollowing format:
I, a retired employee of_____ (Office Address) declare that Iam residing at (Residential Address indicated inPPO) , which area is notcovered under CGHS or any corresponding Health Scheme administered bythe Ministry/Department of , (as the case may be). Ihave also not obtained and do not wish to obtain a CGHS Card for availingout-door facilities under CGHS/Corresponding Health Scheme of otherMinistries/Departments from any dispensary situated in an adjoining area.
- A Central Government Civil Pensioner is also required to fill theenclosed Form along with above mentioned undertaking.
- All the pension disbursing authorities are required to obtain the aboveundertaking along with the Form, as mentioned in Para 3 above, from suchpensioners before sanctioning Fixed Medical Allowance. An entry to thiseffect should also be made in their PPOs.
Source: Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Office